Monday, January 11, 2010

Tuesday will be my "official" meeting with the bishop regarding ordination. He has my psych exam report now, so that should be a fun conversation...or maybe he won't mention it if I'm sane enough. We have spoken before, I rose to speak in defense of campus ministries during the diocesan convention which he thanked me for after the fact. I also met him on the Day of Information. I'm going to ask, provided the the Commission on Ministry (COM) moves me along quickly, if I could possibly enter seminary in the fall. I may have mentioned that I've been interested in attending either the seminary in Berkeley CA or Sewanee TN. For reasons that I may go into later, I'm now thinking of going to the seminary at Yale. Yeah, the one in Connecticut. The bishop also went there, but I have some compelling reasons to go and I certainly want to do a campus visit.

Wednesday will be my meeting with the Canon to the Ordinary. In Episcopalese that means the bishop's chief of staff. He is my COM shepherd who is to lead me through the COM process and check on my paperwork etc. I've also met him before when he came to our Thursday night young adult service and stayed for dinner.

Saturday will be my interview with the COM. It begins at 1:30. Actually I have two interviews; the COM will be divided into two groups in two conference rooms and I switch conference rooms after thirty minutes. And I'm so nervous about that.

No comments: