Monday, September 5, 2011

The shape of the blog for the next few weeks.

Just a few housekeeping notes.

Before I even ended CPE, I knew I'd be in a rough spot for a few months.  The program is grueling, and less than a week of down time would not be enough to recover mentally, physically, and spiritually.  Add to that hurricane preparations, and I am coming into this semester with a lot of baggage that I need to work through.

Last night I started to process what CPE meant to me personally and theologically.  The two posts represent the styles I am most likely going to use:  reflection/sermon and pseudo-poetry.  These types of posts may probably dominate the blog for a month or two; and I will make an effort to balance the tragic aspects of the work with the comedic and joyous sides of life.  On this side of CPE, tragedy is less bothersome.  My blog will reflect a new-found comfort (desensitizing?) with tragedy with the risk that posts can sometimes turn into “downers.”  My hope is that, as a practice, I will also look for hope in the situations I write about, and some practical application for my own life should flow from my writing and thinking.
There is a new way to subscribe to this blog!  Just enter your email in the bar at the top of the page to get e-mail updates as I post.  I will continue to post to Facebook, but as settings change and one's circles of friends is managed by algorithms determined by how often you interact with me through news feeds and whatnot, subscription will give you a direct and easy way to keep up-to-date with the blog.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: