Saturday, March 3, 2012

Progress Report

I'm still off of Facebook.  But this has not translated into words-on-paper, which was my hope for the fast of Lent.  But all is not lost.  The time off of Facebook has still given me more time in the day, and that was filled with a wonderful amount of time to be in sustained thought.  The topics I wish to write about are never far below the surface of my thoughts.

The last one and a half weeks were very busy, and while allowing myself the time to think--if not write--felt risky with all of the assignments that were coming due, everything was either done to a level I felt was satisfactory or I arbitrarily judged the deadlines I faced to be softer than I originally thought.

I am on a two week spring break, which will allow me to fully commit myself to a sustained time of writing every day.  Beginning a habit is the hardest part, but I feel good about the project since I have two months of material that need processing.  Since December 31st (2011) I've been on two retreats which were incredibly revelatory.  The first retreat has been spoken of by me as earning the framing of BR/AR--'before retreat' and 'after retreat.'  The implications of the internal work I did at that retreat are not yet settled, and I need to write it out.

But, so that there is some accountability, I'd like to list some of my topics.  If there is something you'd like to read sooner rather than later, let me know.
  1. Mystical experience in Alabama
  2. The EEN Retreat
  3. The Ignatian silent retreat
  4. Music and pastoral care/ how I use music for my own care/ particular songs and tunes
  5. Art and God
  6. Celtic Spirituality
  7. Spiritual Autobiography

No comments: