Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lent in Review

A recap of some of the (public) writing from my Lent:

I was with a group that that offered ashes to commuters at the Stamford CT train station, which I think was a powerful witness of the Church in the world.

I wrote about contacting and then later visiting the religious community of which my great grand-aunt was a member. 

I considered the experience I have of a particular song.

..and meditated on a video.

I started some observations on mysticism...

...And then wrote about an experience I had.

And then posted a mystical poem by St. Symeon.

But, Christ is Risen!  This poem reminds me one of my favorite metaphors for God and is a beautiful piece consonant with St. Gregory Nazianzen's statement that "Man [sic] is a musical composition, a wonderfully written hymn to powerful creative activity."

No comments: